Bananas Foster Sundaes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add bananas and pecans; cook until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, 2-3 minutes, stirring gently.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 sundae: 233 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Sundaes
"This was a great recipe. It tasted just like a real bananas foster. So simple and easy."
"This was delicious. My friends and family love this recipe and its very easy to make. I did triple the sauce recipe and added an extra banana. It served 5 of us. We each had a large bowl ( about 4 scoops of icecream each using a regular kitchen size icecream scooper not the large scoops you'd get in an icecream shop)."
"My sister-in-law loves Bananas Foster, so we brought it to dinner at a friend's home when she was also there. It turned out wonderful just as it is. We will certainly be enjoying it again. Thank you"
"This is an awesome recipe! It tastes like something you'd eat at a 5-star restaurant!"
"Such a different taste, try real rum, then light on fire to burn off alcohol. YUM !"
"This was awesome really satisfies the sweet tooth w/o the calories."
"My husband was wild for this dessert! I have always loved Bananas Foster; this had a little too much nutmeg for my own personal taste.I will just cut it back next time. Yummy!"
"My family loved this."
"My husband and I both loved this recipe!! I will make it again and again I'm sure. I left out the rum and forgot to toast the pecans. It was still heavenly!"
"I substituted 1 tsp. of rum for the rum extract because I didn't have it in the house.We also used light ice cream so I hope I compensated for the extra calories."
"YUM! This was so easy, different, and delicious. I used Smart Balance butter in place of real butter and it worked just as well."
"The picture seemed to show more sauce on the ice cream than the recipe made for six servings. I might double the sauce and leave the bananas the same next time. I used Meyer's Dark Rum because I didn't have any Rum Extract on hand."