Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2 Recipe
I have wonderful memories of eating Bananas Foster in New Orleans, and as a dietitian, wanted to find a healthier version. I combined the best of two recipes and added my own tweaks to create this Southern treat. And with this version, it's the perfect dessert for two! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add banana and pecans; cook for 2-3 minutes or until banana is glazed and slightly softened, stirring lightly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1/3 cup banana mixture with 1/2 cup ice cream equals 233 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC