- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add bananas and pecans; cook until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, 2-3 minutes, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Sundaes
"This was delicious. My friends and family love this recipe and its very easy to make. I did triple the sauce recipe and added an extra banana. It served 5 of us. We each had a large bowl ( about 4 scoops of icecream each using a regular kitchen size icecream scooper not the large scoops you'd get in an icecream shop)."
"My sister-in-law loves Bananas Foster, so we brought it to dinner at a friend's home when she was also there. It turned out wonderful just as it is. We will certainly be enjoying it again. Thank you"
"This is an awesome recipe! It tastes like something you'd eat at a 5-star restaurant!"
"Such a different taste, try real rum, then light on fire to burn off alcohol. YUM !"
"Wonderful, delicious, quick and easy. I used sugar free ice cream and brown sugar blend. Will definately be making this one for company as well as for the two of us."
"This was awesome really satisfies the sweet tooth w/o the calories."
"My husband was wild for this dessert! I have always loved Bananas Foster; this had a little too much nutmeg for my own personal taste.I will just cut it back next time. Yummy!"
"My family loved this."
"I had some extra bananas so decided to try this recipe. I followed the recipe except I eliminated the rum extract. It was very good! My husband and 12 year old son have requested this one again. Quick and easy to prepare with ingredients I had on hand."
"My husband and I both loved this recipe!! I will make it again and again I'm sure. I left out the rum and forgot to toast the pecans. It was still heavenly!"