- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 medium bananas
- Whipped cream, caramel sundae syrup and chopped salted peanuts
- Combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter, rum and vanilla.
- Slice bananas into the crust; pour filling over top. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish as desired with whipped cream, caramel syrup and peanuts. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p145
Reviews for Bananas Foster Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review