Bananas Foster is one of those treats you get when you dine out. I combined the flavors to make a yummy dish that’s like bread pudding. —Angela Hacker, Hendersonville, Tennessee
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange bananas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and extract; spoon evenly over bananas.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Arrange over bananas. Pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster French Toast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p38
Reviews for Bananas Foster French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review