Bananas Foster Crunch Mix Recipe
Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts. So, I thought that a crunchy, snackable version would be a hit. It's heated in the microwave and takes just a few minutes to make.—David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling YIELD:13 servings
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, pecans and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in extracts; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 336 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC