Bananas Foster Crunch Mix
Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts. So, I thought that a crunchy, snackable version would be a hit. It's heated in the microwave and takes just a few minutes to make.—David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, pecans and banana
- chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown
- sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes,
- stirring once. Stir in extracts; pour over cereal mixture and toss
- to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 336 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.