Bananas Foster Crunch Mix Recipe
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, pecans and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in extracts; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Crunch Mix(11)
Sort By :
Made this recipe as listed except substituted walnuts for pecans. Would be delicious with peanuts too. Will definitely make this again but sauce overflowed in microwave on high. Makes a delicious, sweet mix.
Loved this mix! Tasty and easy. I probably would decrease the number of pecans (personal preferance), but this was really yummy!!
Very tasty - I used less pecans - (pricey) and more banana chips (snapped in half the larger slices. I also baked mine for 30 minutes in a 300 degree oven stirring every 10 minutes. I like the baked flavor and think the nuts are better with a little roasting. Very Yummy!
So easy and delicious! Family loved it!
I too love Bananas Foster and this taste so close to it. I made it the other night, took it into work and it was gone before noon!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >