- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, pecans and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in extracts; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Crunch Mix
"This is absolutely delicious! I don't care for the flavor of rum so I substituted vanilla but that is the only change I made. The only problem I have with this recipe is it just doesn't last long enough and I have to keep making it!"
"Made this recipe as listed except substituted walnuts for pecans. Would be delicious with peanuts too. Will definitely make this again but sauce overflowed in microwave on high. Makes a delicious, sweet mix."
"Loved this mix! Tasty and easy. I probably would decrease the number of pecans (personal preferance), but this was really yummy!!"
"Very tasty - I used less pecans - (pricey) and more banana chips (snapped in half the larger slices. I also baked mine for 30 minutes in a 300 degree oven stirring every 10 minutes. I like the baked flavor and think the nuts are better with a little roasting. Very Yummy!"
"So easy and delicious! Family loved it!"