Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts. So, I thought that a crunchy, snackable version would be a hit. It's heated in the microwave and takes just a few minutes to make.—David Dahlman, Chatsworth, California
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups dried banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, pecans and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in extracts; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Bananas Foster Crunch Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p30
Reviews for Bananas Foster Crunch Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review