- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 24 Nabisco® Ginger Snaps, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large bananas, divided
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- MELT 3 Tbsp. butter; mix with cookie crumbs and 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- BEAT cream cheese with remaining granulated sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- COOK remaining butter, brown sugar, rum and cinnamon in saucepan on low heat 10 min. or until butter is melted and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally; cool 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- SLICE remaining bananas just before serving cheesecake; arrange on cheesecake. Drizzle with sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster Cheesecake in Philadelphia® Cream Cheese - Sweets of the Season
Reviews for Bananas Foster Cheesecake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2013
I don't understand no.6....what does it mean by "remaining bananas"?What did you do with the other ones?