- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar and bananas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in rum; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, flax, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, banana mixture and remaining brown sugar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Bananas Foster Bread
"We did not care of this bread and ended up throwing it away. In fairness, I did leave out the flaxseed, as I did not want to purchase a whole bag for one recipe. But according to the internet, it is typically used as a egg or oil substitute. Since this recipe call both, I am not sure its purpose. The rum flavored glaze was very strong and the center bread part was moist, but just ok."
"So moist and full of flavor! I did omit the flax. I used pecans grinded to a powder. Def a keeper!"
"My son's favorite dessert is bananas foster, so I had to try this. He really liked it. It is a great way to use up ripe bananas rather than the usual banana bread."
"Made this again and it was great. Definitely one of my favorites."
"Took it to a gathering and everyone wanted recipe"