Bananas Foster Baked French Toast Recipe
Mmm…bananas Foster for breakfast! This yummy baked French toast serves up all the taste of the spectacular dessert in fine fashion. —L G Nasson, Quincy, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 12 slices egg bread or challah (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cream, cinnamon, allspice and, if desired, pecans. Add bananas; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread over top, trimming to fit as necessary.
- 3. Place remaining ingredients in a blender; process just until blended. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Invert to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without pecans) equals 658 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC