The flavors of caramel, rum and walnut naturally complement fresh bananas in this classic dessert made easy!Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 5 medium firm bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream or sliced pound cake
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then widthwise; layer in the bottom
- of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum,
- vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bananas. Cover and cook on low for
- 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with
- ice cream or pound cake.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without ice cream or pound cake) equals 462 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.