- 5 medium firm bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream or sliced pound cake
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then widthwise; layer in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bananas. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p82
Reviews for Bananas Foster(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review