- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster
Sort By :
I used fresh ground nutmeg, half & half in place of the whipping cream, used 1 tablespoon of dark rum in place of the extract, and added a little vanilla. I sliced the bananas instead and we served the bananas foster over Oat Pancakes. Delicious!
So fast, simple and easy. Just excellent.
Very Very good! We all had second helpings :)