- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas 'n' Cream Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"I have made many loaf banana breads in my lifetime and then went to the same recipes in a 2 qt. pyrex dish because it baked faster. Now that I have tried this bundt cake I will never go back to anything else. It was scrumptious and light. Thanks so much!"
"7/16/15: Baked in bundt pan 50 minutes and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Excellent and easy. Will definitely make again,"
"I am very disappointed in this recipe. Cake looked great in the oven but when finished and I brought it out to cool it flattened to half its size. Will not make again."
"I made this cake for the first time and I DID adjust the recipe to my own individual taste! This cake came out very nicely, too! I'd used: 5 Tbsp. butter, 1 Tbsp. ground navel orange,1 cup mashed ripe bananas, 1-1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, 1 carton of Greek pineapple yogurt (a 5.3-oz. size with fruit on the bottom), 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 2 Tbsp. flour. I did not use regular shortening since I'd had the butter already measured out! I kept the eggs, vanilla, flour the same! I baked the cake 50 minutes in a greased and floured 10" fluted Bundt pan.I left the cake plain! Thank you for sharing this recipe! it was a great way to use up ripe bananas which I'd had on hand, plus the Greek pineapple yogurt! I'd omitted the sour cream since I didn't have it available! delowenstein"
"Best banana cake ever. The cake is soft and moist. I use reduced fat sour cream and leave out the walnuts as no one in my family likes them. No need for frosting or even powdered sugar, because it is already sweet enough."