- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas 'n' Cream Bundt Cake
Sort By :
Great recipe. way better than regular Banana nut bread. The sour cream must be the key this being such a moist cake.
Not amazing, but OK.
was good, but i wouldn't consider it a CAKE. It was just a banana bread recipe in a bundt pan.
I enjoyed it, but was disappointed that it wasn't more cake-like.
This recipe is much much better than banana bread recipe......goes a long way and is delish Top with powdered sugar when cooled.....for a nice finished look
A butter flavor shortening and/or vanilla butter & nut flavoring (in place of vanilla extract) marries well with this recipe if you prefer to tone down the bananas. However, the cake is really perfect all by itself. We so enjoyed it!