- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth; fold in pudding. Fold in 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Cut cake into eight slices; arrange on bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Slice bananas; arrange over cake. Spread pudding mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours. Serve with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas & Cream Pound Cake
"I followed the other reviewers' advice and skipped making the pound cake and just bought pre-made. Everyone loved it! I will definitely make it again!"
"All of the kids in our extended family love this dessert! To make it even easier, use a Sara Lee frozen pound cake for the base layer. So easy and delicious!"
"Very good. Will make again."
"Wonderful summertime cake. Light & fluffy."
"This is a great recipe except for baking the pound cake in the 9 X 5 pan. It took 70 minutes to be done. Then trying to cut it to fit was impossible without leaving gaps. I would make it again only next time I will bake it in the 9 x 13 pan and adjust the cooking time."
"Brought this to school as a Monday treat. It was a huge hit!"
"My family enjoyed this and I used a store bought pound cake ! The pudding layer is excellent!"
"I not made it but any cake u can line bottom pan with parchiment paper u never gave a dry bottom cake again or stick anyone who bake and not use parchiment paper needs to stock this golden gem cookies never bettef wen baked on paper any thing is better in oven on paper"
"Veggiemama , spray your pans with non-stick spray then sprinkle with sugar all over . I have never had a cake stick after treating my pans like this ."
"Silverfx, what did you bake?"