- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth; fold in pudding. Fold in 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Cut cake into eight slices; arrange on bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Slice bananas; arrange over cake. Spread pudding mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours. Serve with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas & Cream Pound Cake
"I followed the other reviewers' advice and skipped making the pound cake and just bought pre-made. Everyone loved it! I will definitely make it again!"
"All of the kids in our extended family love this dessert! To make it even easier, use a Sara Lee frozen pound cake for the base layer. So easy and delicious!"
"Very good. Will make again."
"Wonderful summertime cake. Light & fluffy."
"This is a great recipe except for baking the pound cake in the 9 X 5 pan. It took 70 minutes to be done. Then trying to cut it to fit was impossible without leaving gaps. I would make it again only next time I will bake it in the 9 x 13 pan and adjust the cooking time."