- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Blend in sugar and oil. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into egg mixture. Stir in zucchini and pecans just until combined.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Banana-Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"This is the best bread! I've made banana bread and zucchini bread before, but was looking for a recipe that would help me use up some overripe bananas and a zucchini from my brother's overloaded garden. This recipe combines the best of everything! I did not change anything except I did not add the nuts. I used one 9x5 pan and three 5x3 pans. I gave some to my elderly mother for breakfast this morning, and she absolutely loved it and asked for more. I have to struggle to get her to eat a decent breakfast. She hesitates to eat anything with zucchini, but she dove right into this, which surprised me. The bread was light, not overly moist, which can sometimes happen with zucchini-based recipes. Tasty! I froze the rest. This is definitely in my "keeper" files."
"I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, otherwise stuck to the recipe. Baking time was longer than suggested but I will make this again, delicious!"
"I've made this recipe for about 35 years when as a new neighbor I received it from a very nice neighbor. Everyone I have shared it with loves it. I now add a small can of drained crushed pineapple & a couple small handfuls of raisins. I call it Hawaiian Zucchini Bread. I still make it the same way as printed here at Taste Of Home if I don't happen to have crushed pineapple on hand."
"This is the most outstanding quick bread I've made in years! I have made it for gifts and to take to parties. Everyone asks for the recipe!I add some quick cooking oats, and replace half the white sugar with brown."