- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Blend in sugar and oil. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into egg mixture. Stir in zucchini and pecans just until combined.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Banana-Zucchini Bread
"Made this yesterday and it turned out perfect! Substituted the pecans w/ walnuts. Shared a loaf with my co-workers and they absolutely loved it. Thanks for the recipe - will definitely make again!"
"Delicious! Great way to use up zucchini & bananas! I followed the recipe & it turned out perfectly!"
"I love this recipe. However, when I followed the baking instructions my bread turned out somewhat overdone on the top and sides and gooey in the middle. I reduced the heat to 300 and the baking time to about 1 hour 20 min. the second time and it came out perfect."
"Wonder if you could bake this in a bundt pan?"
"Bananas make it really moist, and this is going to be a favorite family recipe.I used three bananas that I froze because they were over ripe, and two cups of zucchini, and two cups of walnuts. BEST EVER!"
"I have a tried and true banana bread recipe that I've used for year, but this recipe is something special. Followed the instructions exactly, baked for 55 minutes - fabulous! Highly recommend!"
"By far now our most favorite bread. I just came acrossed this recipe 4 or 5 weeks ago and have made it at least a dozen times. I keep it in the freezer (it freezes well) and always have it available. I have given it as gifts, too. Can't say enough for it. Thanks"
"I used brown sugar instead of white, coconut oil instead of vegetable, 1 1/2 c. wheat & 1 1/2 c. white flour, pureed zucchini, no pecans"
"Very easy, moist and flavorful recipe. I made half of this recipe and it made 11 muffins. I used Canola oil since that was what I had, and increased the banana and zucchini. Next time I will add a little more cinnamon too. This recipe is a keeper!"
"This bread is so good! This recipe is definitely a keeper."