Banana Whip Recipe
For chocolate lovers, substitute chocolate cookie crumbs for the graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips instead of chopped walnuts.Marie Crumpacher, Creswell, Oregon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup diced ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Add banana and vanilla. Spread crumbs in a 2-cup serving dish. Top with the banana mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Banana Whip in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p10