Banana Wheat Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Wheat Muffins
"These are delicious. They are very easy to make & moist."
"I love the slight crunch! I grind my own wheat so if I want more of a crunch, I change the settings on the grinder for a more coarse flour.We eat these warm with lots of butter."