Banana Wheat Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 272 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Banana Wheat Muffins
"These are delicious. They are very easy to make & moist."
"I love the slight crunch! I grind my own wheat so if I want more of a crunch, I change the settings on the grinder for a more coarse flour.We eat these warm with lots of butter."