"They're moist and delicious," remarks Donna, who enjoys cooking and gardening. "When I use locally ground flour, these muffins have a slight crunch that's delightful.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Wheat Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p45
Reviews for Banana Wheat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2010
"These are delicious. They are very easy to make & moist."
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2010
"I love the slight crunch! I grind my own wheat so if I want more of a crunch, I change the settings on the grinder for a more coarse flour.We eat these warm with lots of butter."