- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Wheat Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p45
Reviews for Banana Wheat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2010
These are delicious. They are very easy to make & moist.
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2010
I love the slight crunch! I grind my own wheat so if I want more of a crunch, I change the settings on the grinder for a more coarse flour.
We eat these warm with lots of butter.