Banana Wheat Bread Recipe
A subtle banana flavor comes through in this moist whole wheat loaf sent in by Louise Myers of Pomeroy, Ohio. Flecked with poppy seeds, the sweet slices are wonderful warm or toasted and spread with butter.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 4 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC