Banana Wheat Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Banana Wheat Bread(2)
Sort By :
Fantastic! I haven't used my machine in a while, this was a
great reintroduction to it. I didn't have bread flour so used regular flour and white whole wheat. Light, crispy crust,
big loaf. Not sweet due to the banana at all.
This recipe turns out a good, lighter loaf. I was unsure about the banana but the flavor is very subtle and would go unnoticed if one wasn't told.