I like to serve this cake for family birthdays. It's everyone's favorite, and you can freeze it ahead...it's tastier with age!
- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Beat on low speed just until combined, then on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool. Store well-wrapped in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Banana Walnut Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p95
Reviews for Banana Walnut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review