- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Beat on low speed just until combined, then on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool. Store well-wrapped in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Banana Walnut Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p95
Reviews for Banana Walnut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
"Pillsbury and Duncan Hines make Banana cake Mix. HTH"
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2009
"Who makes a banana cake mix? Thanks, Sylvia"
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2008
"This banana Walnut cake is Yummy!!shared this to a friend and they loved it! this is one of my fave recipe and thanks for sharing :D"