- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Beat on low speed just until combined, then on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool. Store well-wrapped in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Banana Walnut Cake
Sort By :
"We love banana cake so we couldn't wait to try this! Unable to find banana cake mix we used yellow mix and added a package of banana flavored instant pudding. Combined with the bananas the flavor was perfect. Note that the topping is very generous. Great recipe!"
"Pillsbury and Duncan Hines make Banana Cake Mix. HTH"
"Who makes a banana cake mix? Thanks, Sylvia"
"This banana Walnut Cake is Yummy!!shared this to a friend and they loved it! this is one of my fave recipe and thanks for sharing :D"