Banana Upside-Down Cake
Because this starts with a cake mix, this is a fast and easy dessert to make. Plus, it uses up your ripe bananas and tastes great!Lois Schlickau, Haven, Kansas
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- Whipped cream
- Place butter in a 9-in. square baking pan. Heat at 350° for 4-5
- minutes or until melted; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange bananas
- in pan; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions;
- pour over bananas.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a serving
- platter. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove pan. Serve warm with
- whipped cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Jiffy cake mix.