Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, toffee bits and sugar.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir in the bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops
"Hardly any flavor. I will not make these again."
"I made these to use up some almost rotten bananas and they were really good. I didn't have biscuit mix, so just used AP flour with a bit of baking soda/powder instead. My son loved these for breakfast."
"These are great! Wonderful way to use up ripe bananas."