Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops
"Toffee bits and bananas give a delightful flavor to these moist breakfast treats," says Betty kleberger of Florissant, Missouri. "I sometimes sprinkle coarse sugar crystals on top for a special look." Tip: You can use miniature semisweet chocolate chips insread of English toffee bits," she suggests.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, toffee bits and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir in the
- bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with
- additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.