"Toffee bits and bananas give a delightful flavor to these moist breakfast treats," says Betty kleberger of Florissant, Missouri. "I sometimes sprinkle coarse sugar crystals on top for a special look." Tip: You can use miniature semisweet chocolate chips insread of English toffee bits," she suggests.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, toffee bits and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir in the bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p20
Reviews for Banana-Toffee Muffin Tops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2013
"Hardly any flavor. I will not make these again."
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2010
"These are great! Wonderful way to use up ripe bananas."