Try this luscious banana-based topping at your next ice-cream social. I guarantee you'll be asked to bring it again. Luckily, it's quick and easy to make and versatile, too. It's the perfect finish to cake and frozen yogurt.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced firm bananas (about 2 large)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bananas. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Banana Sundae Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2003, p29
Reviews for Banana Sundae Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review