Try this luscious banana-based topping at your next ice-cream social. I guarantee you'll be asked to bring it again. Luckily, it's quick and easy to make and versatile, too. It's the perfect finish to cake and frozen yogurt.
Recommended: Our Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced firm bananas (about 2 large)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bananas. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Banana Sundae Sauce in Country Woman May/June 2003 , p29
Reviews for Banana Sundae Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2010
"Banana sundae sauce is delicious and so very easy to make. We love it and will be making it to go over vanilla ice cream any time we want. It's a keeper, for sure, and one that is going in my recipe box."