Banana Sundae Dessert
You’ll taste chocolate, banana and cherries in every bite of this frosty, melt-in-your-mouth layered treat. It’s one dessert that’s sure to be a family favorite!
Caroline Wamelink - Cleveland Heights, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 cups cherry vanilla ice cream, softened
- Maraschino cherries
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and sugar; press
- onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate chip ice cream over crust. Layer with bananas and
- 1-1/2 cups fudge topping. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread cherry vanilla ice cream evenly over topping. Cover and
- freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Warm remaining
- fudge topping. Drizzle over each serving; top each with a cherry.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without cherries) equals 550 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.