Banana Sundae Dessert Recipe
You’ll taste chocolate, banana and cherries in every bite of this frosty, melt-in-your-mouth layered treat. It’s one dessert that’s sure to be a family favorite! —Caroline Wamelink, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups chocolate chip ice cream, softened if necessary
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 cups strawberry or cherry ice cream, softened if necessary
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, maraschino cherries, chopped walnuts, banana slices and colored sprinkles
- 1. In a bowl, mix wafer crumbs, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread chocolate chip ice cream over crust. Layer with bananas and 1-1/2 jars fudge topping (about 1-1/2 cups). Freeze, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Spread strawberry or cherry ice cream over top. Freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Warm remaining fudge topping; drizzle over top. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece (calculated without optional toppings) equals 550 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC