Banana Sundae Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 cups cherry vanilla ice cream, softened
- Maraschino cherries
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate chip ice cream over crust. Layer with bananas and 1-1/2 cups fudge topping. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Spread cherry vanilla ice cream evenly over topping. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Warm remaining fudge topping. Drizzle over each serving; top each with a cherry. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Sundae Dessert(7)
Sort By :
So good!! Everyone who loves it!
Even after leaving cake out for 20 min prior to serving, the bananas were rock hard and many wondered what it was that was preventing their fork to penetrate the ice cream! haha! The taste was ok, but not something I'd make again.
This was a huge hit with my four kids...
THIS LOOKS REALLY CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE IT
I made this for July 4th and I've already had several requests for the recipe. When I could not find cherry vanilla ice cream I substituted strawberry and it was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >