- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups chocolate chip ice cream, softened if necessary
- 4 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 cups cherry vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, mix wafer crumbs, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate chip ice cream over crust. Layer with bananas and 1-1/2 jars fudge topping (about 1-1/2 cups). Freeze, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Spread cherry vanilla ice cream over top. Freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Warm remaining fudge topping. Top servings with fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Sundae Dessert
Sort By :
"So good!! Everyone who loves it!"
"Even after leaving cake out for 20 min prior to serving, the bananas were rock hard and many wondered what it was that was preventing their fork to penetrate the ice cream! haha! The taste was ok, but not something I'd make again."
"This was a huge hit with my four kids..."
"I made this for July 4th and I've already had several requests for the recipe. When I could not find cherry vanilla ice cream I substituted strawberry and it was delicious.Katydid"
"YUMMY! I made this today and we had it tonight after dinner and it was amazing! This one is a keeper for sure."