Banana-Stuffed French Toast
My family liked this French toast so much when they first tried it on vacation that I came up with my own version at home. Eating it brings back some wonderful memories.
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices sourdough or Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, optional
- Cut a 3-in. pocket in the crust of each slice of bread. Slice the
- bananas in half lengthwise and then into 3-in. pieces. Place two
- pieces of banana in each pocket. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk
- and vanilla; soak bread for 2 minutes on each side. Fry on a greased
- griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve
- with syrup if desired. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 209 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.