Banana Streusel Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 cups sliced ripe bananas (5 to 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 2 minutes more or until pastry is golden brown; set aside. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice and peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Fold in bananas; pour into crust.
- 3. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the filling.
- 4. Cover edges of pie loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 396 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Banana Streusel Pie
"Really good!!! I agree with the other review about being reminiscent of bananas foster. There's a hint of caramel without being sweetly overpowering. I may reduce the amount of lemon peel next time (a bit too much of the lemony taste for me), but a great recipe!! The whole family loved it!!!!!"
"Delicious! Yes I would make it again! Reminds me of Bananas Foster- we ate it with french Vanilla ice cream- Stupendous!"