Banana Sticky Buns
My love of cooking comes from my grandmothers, who always took time to show me how to prepare recipes from scratch.Debbie Hibbert, Kenton, Delaware
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Place three pecan halves each in 12 ungreased muffin cups. Evenly
- divide butter over pecans and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at
- 375° for 5 minutes or until butter and sugar are melted.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and banana to form a soft dough. On a
- lightly floured surface, knead dough 5 times. Roll into a 15-in. x
- 9-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar. Roll
- up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal the seams.
- Slice into 12 rolls; place cut side down in muffin cups. Bake at
- 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cool 1 minute; invert
- onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.