Banana Split Snack Cake
"This rich and delicious treat is fun to serve," remarks Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach. "It was a blue-ribbon winner for me at the county fair several years ago."
24-30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and
- vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed
- mixture. Add walnuts. Spread evenly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the
- marshmallows, chocolate chips and cherries. Bake 10 minutes longer
- or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Yield: 24-30 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 119 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium,