"This rich and delicious treat is fun to serve," remarks Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach. "It was a blue-ribbon winner for me at the county fair several years ago."
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add walnuts. Spread evenly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and cherries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Snack Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p64
Reviews for Banana Split Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review