- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Add walnuts. Spread evenly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and cherries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Reviews for Banana Split Snack Cake
Sort By :
"I prepared this recipe for the first time 11/1/14. I found that the best type of baking pans for this cake was either an 8x8x2" or 7" square pan or a round 8" or 9" layer pan. I used a 7" square pan and a 5x3" loaf pan, greased and floured for the first cake and I used an 8" round layer pan, greased and floured for my second cake. I baked the loaf and the cake 45 minutes, then tested cake for doneness with a cake tester-it should come out clean.I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. salt. I used less miniature marshmallows-I used just enough to cover the baked cake. I also used miniature chocolate chips: total of 2/3 cup for 7" square cake/5x7" loaf and about 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips for round layer pan.I cut the maraschino cherries in eighths, rather than quarters. I topped the baked cakes with the chocolate chips, marshmallows and cherries and baked for 5 to 10 minutes-until marshmallows were lightly browned and puffed! I got at least 1 small loaf and about 7 to 8servings from the 2 square cakes! My tip: When I bake a round cake and top with marshmallows, I'll try just 5 minutes on the baking time-I noticed that the melted marshmallows overflowed onto a baking sheet! I also used 1 medium banana for the 2ndcake and 2 medium ripe bananas for the 7" cake and the small 5x3" loaf. I did use 1/3 cupchopped pecans! delowenstein"