Banana Split Smoothies Recipe
"This smooth and creamy beverage tastes just like a banana split," promises Darlene Markel of Salem, Oregon. "It's easy to blend together and not too sweet, so it's great anytime of day. It's also a delicious way to get kids to eat fruit."
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 ice cubes
- Whipped topping, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Gradually add ice, blending until slushy. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate syrup and cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Smoothies in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p38
Reviews for Banana Split Smoothies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
The flavors didn't blend well. All I could tast was the banana, the pineapple added no taste at all and it wasn't sweet at all.
Reviewed May. 20, 2009
This recipe was delicious. I only used a cup of milk and it still turned out great.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Cold Beverages >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Slushies >