Banana Split Smoothies
"This smooth and creamy beverage tastes just like a banana split," promises Darlene Markel of Salem, Oregon. "It's easy to blend together and not too sweet, so it's great anytime of day. It's also a delicious way to get kids to eat fruit."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 ice cubes
- Whipped topping, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Gradually add ice, blending until slushy. Pour into
- chilled glasses. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate syrup and
- cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.