"These velvety smooth shakes make a special snack," says Mary Detweiler, field editor from West Farmington, Ohio. "They taste like an ice cream sundae, only you can sip them with a straw."
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Shakes in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p66
Reviews for Banana Split Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"These are delicious and do taste like banana splits!"