Banana Split Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in the whipped topping, walnuts and food coloring if desired.
- 2. Pour into an oiled 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Banana Split Salad
"It was super easy to put together and totally refreshing. I made it for a dessert on a really hot day so it was a very welcome treat.There are lots of buried "treasures" in it. Pieces of fresh tasting strawberries throughout , subtle pineapple bits , and crunchy nuts (I used pecans) all enclosed in a cold and creamy base.I preferred it very cold - just served about 10 minutes after removing it from the freezer. It can also be very a very "custom" dish. I can see Frozen raspberries in it's future. Very nice."
"I made this salad today and it was delicious. It has been added to my favorite recipes. I made it exactly as written and it was quick and easy to prepare. It could almost be a dessert. A definite winner! Since I first made this, my husband wants one in the freezer all the time. I cut it in squares the first time I take it out of the freezer and in that way, it is easier to serve each time. A huge winner at our house. (And, we eat it as dessert!)"
"It's not a hit at your house? Why not?"
"I made this recipe for a work potluck. It was a hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will definately make it again."