Banana Split Salad Recipe
This is a recipe handed down by my mom, and it's now a hit at my house. Because it's frozen, it can be made well in advance. I find that especially nice when I'm planning a party. —Shelly Korell, Bayard, Nebraska
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in the whipped topping, walnuts and food coloring if desired.
- 2. Pour into an oiled 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 247 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC