This is a recipe handed down by my mom, and it's now a hit at my house. Because it's frozen, it can be made well in advance. I find that especially nice when I'm planning a party. —Shelly Korell, Bayard, Nebraska
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in the whipped topping, walnuts and food coloring if desired.
- Pour into an oiled 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Salad in Country Extra May 1995, p49
Reviews for Banana Split Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review