Our kids love banana splits, so I came up with this simple dessert which is so easy to prepare.—Sherry Lee, Shelby, Alabama
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional sliced strawberries and bananas, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let set for two minutes or until soft-set. Add the banana, strawberries and pineapple.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. Dollop with whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with pecans. Top with additional strawberries and bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Pudding in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p21
Reviews for Banana Split Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"This recipe is very similar to one my daughter makes. It's delicious and so easy."