Banana Split Pie Recipe
How to Thaw Cool-Whip Whipped Topping: The best way to thaw frozen COOL WHIP Topping is in its container in the refrigerator. Depending on the size of the tub you have, the thawing time varies. Recommended thawing times are: 8-oz. tub-4 hours; 12-oz. tub-5 hours; 16-oz. tub-6 hours. We DO NOT recommend thawing COOL WHIP Topping in the microwave.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) JELL-O® Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed and divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread 1-1/2 cups onto the bottom of crust. Top with strawberries and banana slices. Add half the whipped topping to the remaining pudding mixture; stir gently until well blended. Spread over fruit. Spread remaining whipped topping over pie to within 1 in. of edge of crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Top with remaining strawberries and the pecans. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Pie in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p71
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Split Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review