Banana Split Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 maraschino cherries, halves
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, walnuts, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas and mayonnaise. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Press a cherry half, cut side down, into the top of reach muffin. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Split Muffins(3)
Sort By :
Filled the tins with an ice-cream scoop which made them be a good size. Made 11. Using the mayonnaise, made the texture moist, but doughy and not cake-like. Should have not added so many choc. chips, drowned out the banana taste.
These went over very well - I forgot the nuts and everyone still liked them. Didn't take long to disappear!!
These are soooo good!!! Wow, moist and yummy everytime. I substituted chopped cashews for the walnuts and they just disappeared.