Banana Split Marshmallow Salad Recipe
This is an old standby I take to potlucks and other gathering. When I do, people ask, "Who brought that luscious salad?" It goes well with most foods but is especially good with ham.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; remove from the heat. Add gelatin and marshmallows; stir until dissolved. Chill until partially set. Toss bananas with lemon juice; fold bananas and pineapple into gelatin. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. chill until firm. Combine the sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Stir in egg and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Banana Split Marshmallow Salad
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2013
"Wonderful creamy and delicious salad"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC