Banana Split Marshmallow Salad Recipe
This is an old standby I take to potlucks and other gathering. When I do, people ask, "Who brought that luscious salad?" It goes well with most foods but is especially good with ham.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; remove from the heat. Add gelatin and marshmallows; stir until dissolved. Chill until partially set. Toss bananas with lemon juice; fold bananas and pineapple into gelatin. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. chill until firm. Combine the sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Stir in egg and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Banana Split Marshmallow Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC