Banana Split Icebox Cake Recipe
Salute Ohio's annual banana split festival with an easy version that turns graham crackers and toppings into icebox cake. —Shelly Flye, Bangor, Maine
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- 1. In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer pudding mixture to bag.
- 2. On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers five times. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and additional banana slices. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC