Banana Split Icebox Cake
Salute Ohio's annual banana split festival with an easy version that turns graham crackers and toppings into icebox cake. —Shelly Flye, Bangor, Maine
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix
- until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the corner of
- a pastry or plastic bag; fill with pudding mixture.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe
- about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup
- banana slices. Repeat layers five times. Cover and refrigerate
- Before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and banana
- slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.