- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer pudding mixture to bag.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange four crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers five times. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and additional banana slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Banana Split Icebox Cake
"Show stopping dessert at parties!"
"so good and really really easy. thank you so much"
"Made it using chocolate grahams crackers (can never have to much chocolate!) and was awesome!"
"It is wonderful. Serve it first, because you will have finished your meal. Have you heard " Eat dessert first:Life is short. moonbeam36"
"I made this for my family and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and a couple of them even wanted seconds. It is a very nice alternative to baking something when it is hot outside. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to put together. I will definitely be making this again."
"I made this for my office potluck for pre-labor day and it was devoured in no time! It is very easy to make also!"
"Great recipe and is very similar to the Ice Box Cake recipe that we have used for years at Christmas with chocolate wafers instead of graham crackers! So happy to have found this one to use for the summer months."
"Love this recipe anytime of year, very easy to prepare in under 30 minutes except refrigeration time. Very yummy, lots of compliments!"
"Very delicious but have to eat fast because it gets really dry fast"
"Made this for July 4th and it was a huge hit. I went a couple steps beyond. After adding the chocolate syrup, strawberries and bananas, I topped it off with whipped cream, nuts and maraschino cherries to give it that authentic look!!!!"