Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches
Enjoy a banana split without the spoon! Our Test Kitchen captures the flavors of this popular sundae, serving it up sandwich-style.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 medium firm banana, thinly sliced
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches. Pour into
- prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans. Bake and cool according to
- recipe directions.
- Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread hot fudge topping over one
- brownie half; spread with ice cream and layer with banana slices.
- Turn over remaining brownie half; place over bananas. Cover and
- freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.