- 12 ice cream sugar cones, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-3/4 quarts low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened, divided
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon banana extract, optional
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cones, walnuts and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In another small bowl, combine 3 cups yogurt, bananas and extract if desired. Spread over crust. In a small bowl, combine fudge topping and walnuts; spread over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining yogurt; spread with strawberry topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
"This recipe looks very delicious and easy to make for someone's birthday."
"Made a crust with graham crumbs instead of the cones. A little too sweet; probably should use 1/2 jar of the toppings next time. Oh, also will freeze the first layer for an hour or so before adding the hot fudge.... it sank right in the softened ice cream."
"I made this for my friends birthday party. EVERYONE loved it. I am making it again today for my daughters birthday party."
"I made this for my daughter's former teacher and it was loved by all. Today, I'm taking it to my daughter's 4th grade classroom for her birthday treat. YUM!"